International students applying to Saint Mary’s School must possess a strong command of English. We do not offer English as a Second Language (ESL), so our students must be prepared to meet the demands of a competitive curriculum in English. In addition, we are looking for applicants who have a strong desire to engage fully in the Saint Mary’s community, whether through sports, music, dance or clubs. Our goal is to provide an environment where international students truly feel that they are having an “American high school experience” and where English is the common language for all students.
To that end, only 11% of our students are international, ranging from 5-10 international students per grade. Within each grade we are deliberate in selecting a group of students who represent different geographic regions and cultures.
Saint Mary's School welcomes applications from qualified international students. A completed application for admission consists of the following items:
Application deadline is January 30, 2013
- A completed online or paper application
- $100 application fee
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Teacher recommendation forms
- Satisfactory scores on the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT)
- An internet-based TOEFL score of 80 or above. PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept the SLEP
- A personal interview. Interviews can be completed on campus, via SKYPE or with a Saint Mary’s Admission representative travelling to your city.
Applicants will be notified of Admission decisions on March 10, 2013