The ATLAS tablet program began in 2005 and was among the first in the nation. The program provides each student and faculty member with a Lenovo Tablet PC, which serves as a key tool in their learning and communication.
The Students, Faculty and Staff at Saint Mary's School are supported by the Help Desk. To get help, please call us at 919-424-4004 or email us. During the summer, please note that the desk may be unattended for periods of time as summer projects and orientation activities require technology staff to be away from the desk.
Help Desk Summer Hours
|Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Help Desk is closed on days when SMS is closed and may have minimal staffing when classes are not in session.
Frequent Problems and Solutions
How do I get to web mail?
- Visit https://mail2010.sms.edu/owa
- Log in using your sms.edu email address and password.
I'm having trouble getting on my encrypted wireless at home.
- Check to make sure the wireless switch on the left side of your computer is on. If it is, you should see green.
- Hit Fn and F5 on the keyboard.
- A box will pop up showing all the available connections. If the box is blank, either there is no wireless where you are or you need to visit the help desk.
- Choose the wireless network you want to connect to.
- A box should pop up asking for the network key. Enter it and click Connect.
I spilled liquid on my tablet! What do I do?
- Turn it off by unplugging the power and taking off the battery.
- If the liquid spilled on the keyboard, turn it upside down and place it on a towel.
- Contact the help desk. Under no circumstances should you turn the tablet back on without approval from a tech staff member. Also, do not attempt to dry the tablet using heat or forced air (like a hairdryer).