About Raleigh, N.C.
The Saint Mary's School historic, residential 23-acre campus is a beautiful green oasis set in the heart of North Carolina's vibrant capital city of Raleigh. Called a "city within a park," Raleigh boasts lots of things to see and do - like music and cultural festivals, food truck rodeos, seasonal activities and more. There's something for everyone.
Saint Mary's is in walking distance of the state capitol and downtown Raleigh, giving you easy access to world-class science, art, and history museums, live performances at The Duke Center for the Performing Arts, critically-acclaimed restaurants, historic sites and churches. A favorite destination for Saint Mary's students is the Village District - just a short walk away offering lots of shopping and dining options.
The school is also conveniently located within easy driving distance of Research Triangle Park, the Raleigh-Durham International Airport, PNC Arena, and several institutions of higher education including internationally-recognized North Carolina State University, Duke University and the University of North Carolina. What’s your favorite getaway — the mountains or the beach? Each is about two to three hours from campus, east or west.
These are just a few of the many reasons
- Livability.com ranked Raleigh #14 in top 100 places to live in 2022;
- Numbeo.com ranked Raleigh #1 for the best quality of life in the world in 2022;
- Homes.com ranked Raleigh #2 most family-friendly city in 2019;
- Money.com ranked Raleigh #4 best city to live in 2022;
- U.S. News ranked Raleigh #6 best place to live in the U.S. in 2022-2023; and
- The New York Times featured Raleigh highlights in "36 Hours in Raleigh".
For more information, visit Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau.
2 hours from the beach
from the mountains
20 minutes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport
10-minute walk to the North Carolina State Capitol, N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences, the Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh, and more.