Welcome to Saint Mary's!
On behalf of all of our new and returning faculty and staff, I am pleased to welcome you to Saint Mary’s School for the 2021-22 academic year. This year is our 180th and is shaping up to be a wonderful school year. I hope you will join with me as we welcome all our new and returning Saints who will arrive alongside of you.
Saint Mary’s is pleased to welcome international students from around the world to share our beautiful campus in Raleigh, North Carolina.
As we fulfill our mission to educate young women for college and life, we recognize the importance of the global perspectives our international students bring. Just as your daughter can learn more about the U.S. educational system and culture, our U.S. students will learn about your family, your culture, and your beliefs. What you might be most surprised by is not how many differences there are, but how much all Saint Mary’s girls have in common - a love for learning, a commitment to their communities, and a desire to succeed.
Saint Mary’s recognizes that coming to a new school in a different country can present unique challenges. That's why we have an established support system to help you navigate your daughter's first year here and make her feel at home quickly.
Our Global Ambassador Program (GAP) Prefects, are selected student leaders who live in each dormitory and are focused on the needs of our international students. They are here to answer questions, help with homesickness, and offer advice and friendship. In addition, your daughter will have a faculty advisor with whom she will meet with at least three days each week. Your daughter's advisor will guide her through her academic program at Saint Mary's, as well as oversee all aspects of your daughter's student life at Saint Mary's.
I am honored to be your Head of School and look forward to seeing you soon at 900 Hillsborough Street.
"Faithful friends and comrades sure." - from the school hymn
New International Families should also complete the "New Families" forms found on the new familees section of our website by clicking the blue button below.
Heath Center | Due: July 15
Please click here for instructions for Magnus Health forms, medical and insurance information, and Binder Health Center requirements for international families.
Student Life Office | Due: June 15
Athletics Office | Due: June 18
- Student-Parent Handbook, 2021-2022 - Coming soon!
Visual and Performing Arts | Due: June 18
- Applied Music Registration Form
- Applied Music Program Academic Credit Policy
- Curriculum Guide: Honors Program in Music
- Applied Music Program Brochure and Information Form
- Fall activities and events
Health and Wellness - from the Counseling Office
- School Counselor Information
- Health and Wellness Resources (Important Contact Information)
- Student Emotional Wellness Resources
- Parent Preparedness Articles
- Caring for Yourself While Living Abroad (Article)
- Culture Shock (Article)
- How to Fight Jetlag
- Parent Campaign | Make your gift by September 24 to be invited to the Donors Reception at the Head of School House the Thursday before Family Day.
- Senior Parents Only | Order your heritage brick by Monday, February 28th.
Living in Raleigh