The process of registering for school marks the true beginning of the new academic year and a newly enrolled Saint’s journey at Saint Mary’s. For returning students, it marks the first step in that Saint’s return to our campus. Usually held in Smedes-Emory Parlor, families pick up the student’s tablet (laptop), parking pass (if applicable), and room key. They also have the opportunity to meet representatives from key campus departments.
Registration arrival is scheduled by group designation: (1) student leaders, (2) new students, and (3) returning students.
Check back often for updates as we complete information and provide a more detailed orientation schedule.
REGISTRATION, ORIENTATION, AND WELCOME WEEK
August 19-26, 2021
Using your class schedule (received at orientation and found in your orientation packet), parents and students can visit classrooms and meet their teachers.
The athletics program offers fall sports – cross country, golf, field hockey, tennis and volleyball, or our fitness program: Triangle Fitness.
The arts program offers introductory workshops on theatre and dance.
Registration day also includes parent and student programming. Activities and sessions are designed for both new and returning students and families and highlight all that Saint Mary’s has to offer, including:
Student and Parent Welcome
Boarding Bootcamp Session
Day Life on a 24/7 Campus
Attend a one-to-one meeting with a student’s advisor. Advisors are the primary point person for all aspects of a student’s Saint Mary’s experience – from course selection to extracurricular activities, and everything in between. Your advisor is the go-to person for both students and their parents.
For the 2021-2022 school year, Registration days are scheduled as follows:
12:30 - 5 p.m.
Student Leaders and Parents:
12:30 - 2 p.m. - Registration and Move-In for boarding students
2 - 3 p.m. - Registration for day students
2:30 - 4:30 p.m. - All student leaders textbook pickup
4 - 5 p.m. - Advisory Meetings (by appt.)
- Parents only:
- 3 - 4 p.m. - Student Leader Parent Connect (R.S.V.P. by clicking here)
- 5 p.m. - Parents Depart
- 6 - 7 p.m. - Welcome Student Leader Dinner
- 7:30-8:30 p.m. - Student Leaders
Executive SGA Training
Boarding/GAP Prefect Training
8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. - Breakfast
- 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Student Leader Training with Troy Kemp, guest speaker
- 10:15 a.m. - 12 p.m. - International Student Arrivals
8 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Breakfast and Student Leader Training
- 8 - 9 a.m. - Breakfast
- 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Student Leader Training
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - New Student Move-In and Registration
- Students and Parents:
- 8:30 - 10:30 - New Boarding Student Move-In & Registration
- 9:30 - 10:30 - New Day Student Registration
- 11 - 11:30 - New Family Welcome (Chapel)
- 11:30 - 12:30 - New Student Welcome
- 11:30 - 12:30 - Boarding Bootcamp for Parents / Day Life on a 24/7 Campus