Technology Help Desk
Saint Mary's School offers a fully wireless campus that allows students to utilize technology for learning in and out of the classroom. Each student receives a Lenovo convertible laptop tablet for use during their time at Saint Mary's School. These tablets serve as a key tool in their learning and communication.
The students, faculty and staff at Saint Mary's School are supported by the Help Desk. To get help, please call us at 919-424-4004 or email us during Help Desk Hours. For after-hours emergencies, please call 919-809-4852. During the summer, please note that the desk may be unattended for periods of time as summer projects and orientation activities require technology staff to be away from the desk.
Frequent Problems and Solutions
How do I get to web mail?
- Visit https://outlook.office365.com.
- Log in using your sms.edu email address and password.
I'm having trouble getting on my encrypted wireless at home.
- Check to make sure the wireless switch on the left side of your computer is on. If it is, you should see green.
- Hit Fn and F5 on the keyboard.
- A box will pop up showing all the available connections. If the box is blank, either there is no wireless where you are or you need to visit the help desk.
- Choose the wireless network you want to connect to.
- A box should pop up asking for the network key. Enter it and click Connect.
I spilled liquid on my tablet! What do I do?
- Turn it off by unplugging the power and taking off the battery.
- If the liquid spilled on the keyboard, turn it upside down and place it on a towel.
- Contact the help desk. Under no circumstances should you turn the tablet back on without approval from a tech staff member. Also, do not attempt to dry the tablet using heat or forced air (like a hairdryer).
Help Desk Hours
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-12 p.m.
All use of the tablets at Saint Mary's School is governed by the Responsible Use Policy and Program Agreement. These documents are designed to outline what online and offline behavior contributes positively to the community and shows responsibility on the part of the members of the community. Read the RUP Agreement