Binder Health Center for Parents and Students
The Binder Health Center (BHC) is conveniently located on campus, behind the Chapel. The Center offers a six-bed infirmary staffed by two full-time and one part-time nurse. Our Supervising Physician, Dr. Mary-Cassie Shaw of Oberlin Road Pediatrics, provides off-site medical guidance to insure top-notch care and medical oversight. The BHC also engages in a cooperative relationship with Oberlin Road Pediatrics to provide swift and effective care from medical doctors as needed.
The mission of the Binder Health Center is to promote health and wellness in the Saint Mary’s community through prevention, education, and coordination of all aspects of health care. As part of the Health and Wellness Team we work closely with medical doctors, pharmacists, counselors, therapists, academics, staff and faculty, and parents to maximize physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual growth.
Click on the tabs below for detailed information.
- Magnus Health Instructions & Info.
- Medication & Pharmacy Info.
- Student Health Insurance
- Med Pass Times
Login information for Magnus Health Forms
- New families: click here for Magnus login (Please use username and password emailed to you by Magnus in the Magnus Welcome Letter.)
- Returning families: click here for your Magnus login (Please use your same parent portal/Veracross username and password.)
- All families: call Magnus Help Desk for direct login 877-461-683
Student Health Insurance Requirements
Out of concern for the health and welfare of all our students, Saint Mary’s School requires that every student be covered by a comprehensive injury and sickness plan, one that meets the high cost of medical services and is accepted by local health care providers. Please note we cannot accept medical insurance policies issued in a foreign country or from a company outside of the United States. Please verify that your daughter’s insurance is valid for use in North Carolina. For example, some Blue Cross Blue Shield policies do not work across state lines.
We have selected a high quality, mental health-inclusive International student health insurance policy offered by United Health Care. Brochures on the International policies can be accessed in the parent portal in the Saint Mary’s School website at www.sms.edu under the Binder Health Center section.
Breakfast Med Pass at BHC:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7-7:50 a.m.
- Wednesday: 8-8:50 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9:30-10 a.m.
Lunch Med Pass at BHC:
- Every day: 12 noon-12:15 p.m.
Dinner Med Pass at BHC:
- Every day: 6:45-7:15 p.m. (after vespers on Sunday)
Bedtime Med Pass:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday: 9:30-10 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: on dorm
New families: log in with the username and password emailed to you from Magnus Health.
Returning families: use your Saint Mary's Parent Portal or Veracross username and password.
Health Center Staff
Sharon Holmes, RN
Director of Binder Health Center
Robin Conklin, RN, MSN
Caroline Charbonnet, RN
Binder Health Center Contact Information
- Emergency: call security 919-424-4044
- Phone: 919-424-4043
- Fax: 919-424-4042
- Cell phone: 919-389-8759 (for urgent needs during after- hours)
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m-10:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Open for weekend med pass times and a nurse is on call for urgent needs
- After-hours and weekends: A nurse will be on call for any urgent needs