Binder Health Center
The Binder Health Center (BHC) is conveniently located on campus, behind the Chapel. The Center offers a six-bed infirmary staffed by two full-time and one part-time nurse. Our Supervising Physician, Dr. Mary-Cassie Shaw of Oberlin Road Pediatrics, provides off-site medical guidance to insure top-notch care and medical oversight. The BHC also engages in a cooperative relationship with Oberlin Road Pediatrics to provide swift and effective care from medical doctors as needed.
The mission of the Binder Health Center is to promote health and wellness in the Saint Mary’s community through prevention, education, and coordination of all aspects of health care. As part of the Health and Wellness Team we work closely with medical doctors, pharmacists, counselors, therapists, academics, staff and faculty, and parents to maximize physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual growth.
Binder Health Center Contact Information
- Emergency: call security 919-424-4044
- Phone: 919-424-4043
- Fax: 919-424-4042
- Cell phone: 919-389-8759 (for urgent needs after hours)
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m-10:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: open for weekend med pass times and a nurse is on call for urgent needs
- After-hours and weekends: a nurse will be on call for any urgent needs
Health Center Staff
Sharon Holmes, RN
Director of Binder Health Center
Robin Conklin, RN, MSN
Caroline Charbonnet, RN