Binder Health Center
The Binder Health Center (BHC) is conveniently located on campus, behind the Chapel. The Center offers a six-bed infirmary staffed by two full-time and one part-time nurse. Our Supervising Physician, Dr. Mary-Cassie Shaw of Oberlin Road Pediatrics, provides off-site medical guidance to insure top-notch care and medical oversight. The BHC also engages in a cooperative relationship with Oberlin Road Pediatrics to provide swift and effective care from medical doctors as needed.
The mission of the Binder Health Center is to promote health and wellness in the Saint Mary’s community through prevention, education, and coordination of all aspects of health care. As part of the Health and Wellness Team we work closely with medical doctors, pharmacists, counselors, therapists, academics, staff and faculty, and parents to maximize physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual growth.
Click on the tabs below for detailed information.
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m-10:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Open for weekend med pass times and a nurse is on call for urgent needs
- After-hours and weekends: See your dorm faculty first and dorm faculty will contact on-call nurse for any urgent needs
Med Pass Schedule
Breakfast Med Pass at BHC
- Monday – Friday | 7:15 – 8:15 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday | 9:30 - 10 a.m.
Lunch Med Pass at BHC
- Monday - Friday | 12-1 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday | 1-1:30 p.m.
Dinner Med Pass at BHC
- Monday – Sunday | 6:30-7:15 p.m.
Bedtime Med Pass
- Every night | On dorm
New families: log in with the username and password emailed to you from Magnus Health.
Health Center Staff
Sharon Holmes, RN
Director of Binder Health Center
Robin Conklin, RN, MSN
Addison Gray, RN, BSN
Binder Health Center Contact Information
- Emergency: call security 919-424-4044
- Phone: 919-424-4043
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 919-424-4042
- Cell phone: 919-389-8759 (for urgent needs during after- hours)